Client: Covington First United Methodist Church
Location: Covington, GA
Surface Area: 36,300 SF
Historic restoration of chapel and 36,300 square foot addition of aneducational wing to this historic church on the square in downtown Covington, Georgia. The 1800’s facility required restoration of interior trim, floors, antique chandelier, pews and electrical systems and the new addition of an educational wing to the southwest corner of the existing facility. Subcontractors and materials were carefully selected for this project to ensure all exterior finishes of the expansion blended seamlessly with the existing century-old church. The education wing addition expanded the facility to accommodate a new Methodist pre-school. In conjunction with the additions and interior renovations, parking facilities to include grading, asphalt paving, curb and gutter and storm water management were implemented to compliment the facility expansions.