Project Description

Client: Walton County
Location: Monroe, GA
Size: 20,000 SF

Preconstruction and construction services provided for the restoration of this 1883  courthouse to original condition.  Years of attempts at modernization were removed. Terrazzo floors from the 1920’s were replaced with heart pine floors crafted from beams from a historic Sears warehouse in Chicago.  MEP, HVAC, and electrical systems were completely replaced. A fire suppression system and elevator was installed  to meet current code requirements.  The superior courtroom and adjoining justice offices were returned to their original splendor and style.  A Georgia Trust for Historic Preservation award-winning renovation project.