Client: City of Smyrna
Location: Smyrna, GA
Surface Area: 20,000 SF
Complete restoration of the historic Brawner building originally constructed in 1910. This 20,000 square foot, three-story facility is composed of a wood-framed structure and a concrete built addition, constructed in 1914 with terracotta exterior. Restoration of the building included existing framing, decking, all wood siding and windows were replaced with new energy efficient materials, installed new MEP and Fire Protection Systems, restored all interior millwork and matched where replacement was required, and restored the exterior of the building. To modernize the historic facility our team installed handicap accessible elements including ramps, bathrooms, and retrofitted an elevator into the space. Additional efforts included the addition to West side of the 1910 building for a mechanical room, new stair tower, and fire sprinkler systems were installed in both buildings. The completed building houses City offices, classrooms, multi-purpose areas, and a banquet hall.
In addition to restoring the existing building, Reeves Young completed all site development for a new 10-acre City park that includes new hardscapes and new landscaping to accommodate walking trails, picnic shelters, open lawn areas, fountain, playgrounds, bio-retention area with observation area, parking, amphitheater, and an outdoor classroom.